In this ColdFusion 11 for Rapid Web and Mobile Enterprise App Development online training series, presenter Dan Fanella teaches you how to create a mobile app using Adobe ColdFusion within the ColdFusion Builder development environment.
This series will show you how to download and install ColdFusion Builder, and covers Mac, Windows & Device platforms.
ColdFusion 11: Rapid Web & Mobile Enterprise App Development is all about using the Adobe ColdFusion markup Language. Learn how to create an app that uses the new CFCLIENT tag that enables creation and interaction with client-side databases, enabling you to create standalone mobile applications. You will also learn how to integrate social media APIs into you mobile application.
Upon completion of this training, you will have learned the basics for creating mobile apps, which will provide a solid foundation for creating more complex apps in the future.
- What you’ll learn in this training
- What is ColdFusion Builder
- Downloading CF Builder
- Installing CF Builder
- Interface overview
II. Getting to Work
- Creating a new project
- Creating a mobile project
- Managing your projects
- Writing code in ColdFusion Builder
- Previewing and debugging code
- Project overview
- Mobile project setup
- Creating the Index.cfm
- Accessing and turning on the server
- Creating the input form
III. Programming Database Queries
- Creating the display table
- Creation and overview of CFCLIENT area
- Creating a DSN and table create query
- Getting records from database table
- Creating helper function to add item to HTML table
- Creating Function to add item to database
- Creating insert item query
- Creating button onClick function
V. Testing the Application
- Turning on debugging
- Choose the correct browser for testing
- Debugging using Chrome
- Accessing client side database in Chrome
- View data within the client side database
- Adding jQuery UI links
- Formatting buttons, adding header and footers.
- Formatting the display table
VI. Publishing the App
- Accessing PhoneGap project properties
- Accessing PhoneGap server properties and setting up log in
- Setting Up iOS and Android key details: iOS, Android, Mac, Google
- Selecting files to package
- Selecting device APIs
- Packaging the application
1 hour 44 min
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.