Adobe® Encore® CS3 is the Adobe Premiere Pro’s disc authoring application. Reach the widest possible audience with Adobe Encore CS3 software, now included with Adobe Premiere® Pro CS3. Explore the rich set of creative tools for DVD and Blu-ray Disc authoring and SWF export to the web.
Now that Premiere Pro is back on the Mac, you can use Encore CS3 on both Intel® based Mac and Windows systems. See how Encore CS3 is the right choice for easy production of full-featured, menu-driven DVD and Blu-ray projects, on disc and the web.
- Use the Encore CS3 Interface to its full potential for a quick and organized work flow.
- Learn the foundation on how to build simple and complex menus.
- Design and Edit Menus in Photoshop.
- Preview and Test the Menu System you create.
- Build and Export to DVD, Blu-Ray, and even Flash.
Chapter I: TOURING THE INTERFACE & ITS CAPABILITIES (14 min)
- Project, Menu, Monitor & Flowchart Panels
- Properties, Character & Timeline Panels
- Library, Styles & Layers Panels
- Previewing a Disc
Chapter II: BASIC MENU FUNCTIONALITY (32 min)
- Importing Items
- Working with Timelines
- Setting Chapter Markers
- Menu Template & Properties
- Button Routing
- Automating a Scene Index
- Check for Errors & Set Main Menu Navigation
- Previewing & Building the Disc
Chapter III: DESIGNING CUSTOM MENUS (35 min)
- Importing Files as Menus
- Understanding Button Layers
- Setting Up a Basic Scene Index
- Creating a Button from Scratch in Photoshop®
- Assigning Color Sets to Button Highlights
- Building the Main Menu & Setting Navigation
- Animating Buttons & Adding Transitions
- Integrating After Effects® to Create Motion Menus
Chapter IV: BURNING A DISC & EXPORTING TO FLASH® (24 min)
- Reviewing a Finished Project
- Transcode Settings
- Edit Quality Presets
- Fine-tuning Your Transcode Settings
- If You Build It, It Will Play
Chapter V: SUBTITLES & ALTERNATE AUDIO TRACKS (20 min)
- Adding Multiple Audio Tracks
- Importing Subtitles from a Text File
- Editing Subtitle Tracks
- Setting Navigation for Audio & Subtitle Tracks
- Final Comments & Credits
Jason Barbosa is an editor and director who honed his production skills at William Paterson University. After studying Communication, Broadcast and Film, he began freelancing on small productions in New York City, building up his arsenal of production equipment, before eventually going it on his own. He currently produces events, music videos and promotional videos for Stand-up comedians. When he isn’t working on a production, you can find Jason in the studio presenting and teaching, or logged onto one of his multi player PC games, another one of his other passions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.