Follow along as Martin takes you from beginner Adobe Photoshop concepts—navigating the interface, cropping images, and working with layers, for example—to intermediate concepts such as drawing vector shapes, warping images, and making selections. Other topics include masking, smart objects & adjustment layers.
- Adobe Photoshop CC Masterclass, Part 1 is aimed at anyone who wants to get into the creative industry and gain a rock-solid Photoshop foundation. Although it provides a beginner-to-intermediate-level learning experience, it can be useful for experienced Photoshop users since many self-taught users miss out on many techniques and features. Familiarity with the terms and specifications of digital imaging is also critical for anyone planning to master Photoshop. With more than 10 years’ experience teaching Photoshop, Martin formulates a course structure that is comprehensive, but still streamlined enough to make it easy to follow and digest.
- By the end of this course you will be comfortable with the terms, specifications and workflow of digital imaging, with a special focus on non-destructive editing in Photoshop.
- As the title suggests, this course is a precursor to Photoshop CC Masterclass, Part 2, which brings an additional 4 hours and 45 minutes of training content.
- Together, the two series provide one complete and comprehensive course.
- Martin was voted to be one of the top 10 Adobe instructors in the world by student feedback in 2015. Along the way, besides the technical knowledge you need, Martin will also teach you a lot about design principles, compositional techniques, and plenty of best practices that he picked up and developed while working as a designer and retoucher on projects such as Pixar’s Cars and Toy Story, BBC’s Dr. Who, and Mattel’s Team Hot Wheels.
- This training focuses on Photoshop CC 2015, but the presenter is sure to point out where features apply to previous versions of the software.
Prologue ADOBE® PHOTOSHOP® MASTERCLASS INTRODUCTION 7 min
- Lesson I Who is This Course For?
- Lesson II Why Learn Photoshop?
- Lesson III How to Study
Chapter I PHOTOSHOP BASICS 54 min
- Lesson 01 Introduction to Photoshop Basics
- Lesson 02 Working with Images
- Lesson 03 User Interface
- Lesson 04 Navigation
- Lesson 05 Image Size & Resolution
- Lesson 06 Cropping Images
- Lesson 07 Color Modes
Chapter II PHOTOSHOP LAYERS 53 min
- Lesson 04 Introduction to Photoshop Layers
- Lesson 05 Layers Basics
- Lesson 06 Layers Panel
- Lesson 07 Special Layers
- Lesson 08 Layer Styles
- Lesson 09 Blend Modes
Chapter III DRAWING IN PHOTOSHOP 49 min
- Lesson 01 Introduction to Drawing in Photoshop
- Lesson 02 Brush Tool
- Lesson 03 Create Custom Brushes
- Lesson 04 Vector Shapes
Chapter IV MAKING TRANSFORMATIONS IN PHOTOSHOP 26 min
- Lesson 01 Introduction to Transformations
- Lesson 02 Basic Transformations
- Lesson 03 Special Transformations
Chapter V MAKING SELECTIONS IN PHOTOSHOP 69 min
- Lesson 01 Introduction to Making Selections
- Lesson 02 Selection Tools Basics
- Lesson 03 Selections Based on Color & Contrast
- Lesson 04 Advanced Selection Techniques
- Lesson 05 Selecting Hair
Chapter VI MASKING IN PHOTOSHOP 59 min
- Lesson 01 Introduction to Masking in Photoshop
- Lesson 02 Non-destructive Workflow
- Lesson 03 Working with Pixel Masks
- Lesson 04 Creating Vector Masks for Geometric Shapes
- Lesson 05 Creating Vector Masks for Organic Shapes
Chapter VII WORKING WITH SMART OBJECTS & SMART FILTERS 44 min
- Lesson 01 Introduction to Smart Objects & Smart Filters
- Lesson 02 Smart Object Basics
- Lesson 03 Vector Smart Objects
- Lesson 04 Linked Smart Objects
- Lesson 05 Smart Filters
Chapter VIII USING ADJUSTMENT LAYERS IN PHOTOSHOP 55 min
- Lesson 01 Introduction to Adjustment Layers
- Lesson 02 Working with Adjustment Layers
- Lesson 03 Tonal Adjustments
- Lesson 04 Color Adjustments
- Lesson 05 Contrast Adjustments
- Lesson 06 Credits
Martin is a Certified Adobe Design Master and Instructor. He has worked as a designer with companies like Disney, Warner Brothers, Cartoon Network, Sony Pictures, Mattel, and DC Comics. He is currently working in London as a designer and instructor as well as providing a range of services from live online training to consultancy work to individuals worldwide.
Martin’s Motto: “Do not compare yourself to your role models. Work hard and wait for the moment when others will compare them to you.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.