If you’re already comfortable using the Photoshop tools, but want to fine tune your skill set to get even more out this versatile tool, these lessons were designed for you.
These Photoshop CS3 tutorials start by understanding how to optimize your settings Ė preferences, workspace, etc. Then dive into helpful timesavers for multi-image processing, as well as creating picture packages, web photo galleries, and PDF presentations. You will be amazed at the speed demon tips you learn from Justin.
- Learn the proper Do’s and Don’ts of recording actions.
- Discover how to speed up the batch image processing and streamline your next project.
- Explore the multi-uses of the Crop and Straighten commands to make better use of your images, illustrations, or drawings.
- Get more comfortable working with multiple layers for complex designs.
- See how easy it is to watermark an image to protect copyrights or indicate that it’s a placeholder.
Chapter I: OPTIMIZING SETTINGS (33 min)
- Working with the Preferences
- Customizing the Workspace
- Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
- Using a List of Keyboard Shortcuts
- Customizing Menus
- Working with User Interface Shortcuts
- Using Toolbar Shortcuts
Chapter II: LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTIONS (25 min)
- Exploring the Actions Panel
- The Doís & Doníts of Recording Actions
- Loading & Playing Actions
- Adjusting Action Playback Options
- Using Button Mode
- Saving & Sharing Actions
Chapter III: BUILDING ACTIONS (49 min)
- Choosing When to Record an Action
- Recording an Action
- Testing an Action
- Correcting Flaws
- Editing Your Actions
- Using Stop Notes & Menu Items
- Using the Magical Undo
- Watermarking Photos
- Cropping Actions
- Framing Actions
Chapter IV: MULTI-IMAGE PROCESSING (42 min)
- Using the Batch Command
- Saving Your Batch Files
- Speeding Up the Process
- Using the Image Processor
- Using the Scripts Event Manager
- Understanding Droplets
- Creating Droplets
- Editing Droplets
Chapter V: LET PHOTOSHOP DO IT (63 min)
- The Crop and Straighten Photos Command
- The Contact Sheet II Command
- Creating a Picture Package
- Creating a Web Photo Gallery
- Customizing Your Gallery
- Creating PDF Presentations
- Conditional Mode Change & Fit Image
- Using the Merge to HDR Tool
- Creating a Photomerge
- Exploring the Adobe Media Gallery
Chapter VI: BECOME A SPEED DEMON (41 min)
- Moving, Creating & Merging Layers
- Changing Layer Opacity
- Working with Blend Mode Shortcuts
- Working with Adjustment Layer Shortcuts
- Utilizing the Filter Gallery
- Working with Type Tool Shortcuts
- Changing Font Size & Color
- Using Quick Font Previews
- Working with Layer Comps
- Exporting Layer Comps
- Final Comments & Credits
Total Run Time: 4.2 hrs
Justin Seeley is an Adobe Certified Photoshop Expert and graphic designer with nearly a decade of experience in the creative media industry. A recognized Photoshop trainer known for his straight-forward teaching style and creative prowess, his techniques have been featured on podcasts such as the Adobe Creative Suite podcast and Photoshop TV, and his tutorials have appeared in publications such as Digit magazine.
Justin has been an avid Photoshop user since version 4.0 and hosts a variety of internet shows dedicated to teaching people around the world. He is the creator and host of the Photoshop Quicktips podcast which is consistently in the Top 10 Software How-To Pod-casts on the iTunes store. Justin is also the host and producer of the Photoshop Quick-tips: Special Effects and Quick Fixes training DVD.
In 2007 Justin co-founded the Photoshop Designers User Group, a non-profit organiza-tion which helps further the education of students and other members of the community. Justin serves as President and Lead Instructor for the group and also presents several free mini-seminars on a variety of digital imaging topics.
A member of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, Justin currently works for Murray State University as a Graphic Designer and Marketing Consultant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.