Now that you have your feet wet learning the new features in Microsoft Excel 2007 in the first video series, Total Training for Microsoft Excel 2007: Essentials, you’re ready to dive into the advanced capabilities.
Sit back and discover how to unleash the power of Excel with this in-depth video series, Total Training for Microsoft Excel 2007: Advanced. While creating pivot tables and macros seems daunting, you’ll be at ease learning some new techniques that will streamline your next data analysis project.
- Learn how to sort and filter data faster in Excel 2007. You can even sort or filter by color.
- Master pivot tables to summarize a million rows of transactional data into a flexible summary without writing a single formula.
- Reduce repetitive tasks to a single mouse click by creating a macro. Plus, find out why most recorded macros don’t work and the one setting to change to allow many recorded macros to work.
- See how to use the three new charting ribbon tabs to quickly format a chart or how to use the dialog boxes to coax charts out of Excel that don’t look like Excel charts. You’ll discover how to make charts in your company’s colors with one keystroke.
- Create a report for every customer or department with a couple of mouse clicks. Learn five ways to summarize data and when to use each method.
Chapter I: SUMMARIZING DATA (58 min)
- Advanced Subtotals
- Formatting the Subtotal Rows
- Adding and Copying with Subtotals
- Consolidating Data
- Introducing the SUMIF Command
- Working with the SUMIF Command
- Using Array Formulas
- Looking at AutoSum Tricks
- Utilizing Fill Handle Tricks
Chapter II: WORKING WITH PIVOT TABLES (52 min)
- Creating a Pivot Table
- Rearranging Fields in a Pivot Table
- Explaining the Report Layout Options
- Using the Report Filters Feature
- Using Top 10 & Date Filters
- Handling Blank Cells
- Drilling Down in the Pivot Table
- Sorting a Pivot Table
- Formatting a Pivot Table
- Creating Custom Formats
- Explaining the Grouping Options
- Adding Formulas to a Pivot Table
- Changing a Calculation in a Pivot Table
- Replicating a Pivot Table
- Counting with a Pivot Table
- Using Pivot Charts
Chapter III: CHARTING IN EXCEL (75 min)
- Charts Refresher
- Moving, Sizing & Copying Charts
- Formatting Charts
- Formatting a Series
- Exploring the Home & Format Ribbons
- Deciding What Chart Format to Use
- Show a Time Series with Column or Line Charts
- Using Combination Charts
- Using Line Chart Accessories
- Using Bar Charts to Show Comparisons
- Using Component Charts
- Using Correlation Charts
- Exploring Other Charts
- Chart Lies Revealed & Advanced Chart Types
- Creating a Custom Layout
Chapter IV: GETTING VISUAL (28 min)
- Using Conditional Formatting
- Using Advanced Conditional Formatting
- Highlighting, Sorting & Filtering Columns
- Using SmartArt Functions
- Using Different SmartArt Graphics
- Embedding a Formula into a Shape
Chapter V: CREATING POWERFUL FORMULAS (85 min)
- Using Goal Seek to Find an Answer
- Auditing Formulas
- Shrinking the Formula Bar
- Understanding Errors
- Joining Text Columns
- Using Custom Formatting Codes
- Pasting Values
- Using Paste Special
- Breaking Apart Text
- Converting Text to Numbers
- Using Date Functions
- Using Bizarre Date Functions
- Using Exponents
- Using the VLOOKUP Function
- Using Index Match
- Using the Offset Function
- Using the Convert Function
- Looking at Interesting but Obscure Functions
- Using the Rand Function
- Working with Regression
- Ranking & Sorting Formulas
Chapter VI: RECORDING MACROS (18 min)
- Displaying the Developer Tab
- Recording a Simple Macro
- Simplifying the Macro
- Recording Using Relative References
Chapter VII: TIPS & TRICKS (28 min)
- Showing Off New Tips in Excel 2007
- Tips for Handling Worksheets
- Using Excel as a Word Processor
- Miscellaneous Tips
- Validating Data
- Changing Text Entry Direction
- Using Speak Cells
- Final Comments & Credits
Total Run Time: 6 hrs
Bill Jelen is the host of MrExcel.com and the author of sixteen books about Microsoft® Excel® including Special Edition Using Excel 2007, Excel 2007 Miracles Made Easy, Pivot Table Data Crunching for Excel 2007, VBA & Macros for Microsoft Excel, Excel for Marketing Managers and Guerilla Data Analysis Using Microsoft Excel. He has made over 50 guest appearances on TV’s Call for Help with Leo Laporte and was voted guest of the year on the Computer America radio show.
His daily video podcast “Learn Excel from MrExcel” is a top 50 tech video podcast on iTunes. Bill will entertain you while showing you the powerful tricks in Excel.
Before founding MrExcel.com in 1998, Jelen spent twelve years “in the trenches”, as a financial analyst for the accounting, finance, marketing, and operations departments of a publicly held company. Since then, his company automates Excel reports for hundreds of clients around the world. The website answers over 30,000 questions a year – for free – for readers all over the world. Jelen joins us from Akron, Ohio.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.